Lentil Savoury Mince Recipe
Lentils are made up of over 25% protein, which makes them an excellent meat alternative. They are also an excellent source of iron and potassium. This vegan mince can be used in an abundance of ways and is a yummy simple way to keep your body healthy and nourished.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or sliced
- 100g carrot, finely diced or grated
- 100g celery, diced
- 2 tomato, diced
- 4 cups cooked brown lentils
- 2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan “beef” stock powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves removed & chopped
- 1 cup microgreens
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cashew Sour Cream
- 250g raw cashews
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- To Serve
- 8 slices wholemeal sourdough, toasted
4 tbsp cashew sour cream
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and dry sauté (no oil) for a few mins. Add a splash of water to deglaze the pan, then stir.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils, peas, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock powder, mustard, rosemary leaves and stir. Add a splash of water and let it cook for a further min. Have a taste and add a bit more Worcestershire sauce or salt and pepper to taste.
- For the cashew sour cream, place the cashews, lemon, water and salt in a blender. Then puree to smooth cream.
- Place the savoury mince on top of the toasted sourdough, top with cashew sour cream and microgreens.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...