Parmesan and Rosemary Biscuit Recipe
This recipe makes a lovely short biscuit with a strong flavour. The secret is to use good-quality Parmesan — the better your Parmesan, the better your biscuit!
Makes: 10-15 biscuits
- 60g spelt flour
- 60g brown-rice flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80g butter, cold & cut into cubes
- Add spelt flour, brown-rice flour, baking powder, Parmesan, rosemary and garlic to bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Chop ghee or butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture. Continue process until you have smooth dough (approx. 5–10 mins).
- Shape dough into long cylinder, wrap in baking paper and place in fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and cut roll into thin slices. Place each slice on baking tray. Continue process until you have used all dough.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...
Sweet Spiced Carrot Loaf with Maple and Peanut Frosting
As a beginner baker I truly believe simple recipes like loaves are a great introduction to the kitchen. You can...
Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Muffins Recipe
These muffins make the perfect lunchbox snack. They’re nut-free and packed with vegetables and nutrient-dense flours. For this recipe, I...