Gluten-free Almond Vanilla Pear Cake Recipe
When you bake with almond flour it adds plenty of protein to your baked goods, which helps balance out any sugars for a lower GI treat. Pears are a low GI fruit and are packed with dietary fibre to help promote a healthy digestive tract with bowel regularity. These gorgeous pear cakes are delicious on their own or served with homemade custard, coconut ice cream or vanilla yoghurt.
DF, GF, V
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour + extra for dusting
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- ¼ cup cold-pressed coconut or olive oil
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup grated pear
- 1 large pear, sliced
- To serve: homemade custard, coconut ice cream or vanilla yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease 4 individual tart tins and line with rounds of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix almond and coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk eggs, oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently combine.
- Fold through grated pear.
- Spoon mixture evenly into tart tins and top with sliced pear.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tins.
- Dust with coconut flour as a healthy alternative to icing sugar.
Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
This easy-to-make lamb curry packs some of the most delicious flavours of Jamaican cooking into one hearty meal best served...
Jerk Chicken Salad Recipe
This classic jerk chicken salad offers fresh, summery dish that combines all of the flavours of Jamaica in one wholesome...
Jamaican Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Looking for the ultimate vegan dessert? The flavours of delectable Jamaican chocolate shine through in this nourishing but delicious treat.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...