Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli, or it’s equally delicious without. Serve with a side of yoghurt and toasted flatbread. Adjust baking time in the oven accordingly for runny or hard egg yolks.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 x 400g diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Persian feta, coriander leaves, dukkha, flat bread, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4–5 mins until soft and translucent, then add the garlic, cumin and capsicum and cook until aromatic.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and a 1/3 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5–10 mins until the chickpea mixture thickens.
- Using a spoon, make 4 indents in the mixture and crack an egg into each indent. Transfer the saucepan and bake for 5–10 mins.
- Top with Persian feta, coriander leaves and dukkha.
- Serve immediately with flatbread.
Mediterranean Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
This veggie stir-fry is a really delicious change from traditional Asian-flavoured stir-fries and is sure to quickly become your new...
These 3 indulgent dishes are a cheese lover's delight
Treat yourself to these delicious dinner party recipes, made using That's Amore Cheese's finest selection — they really are a...
Palak Paneer Recipe
Packed with fibrous veggies and flavour to boot, this tasty Palak Paneer recipe is a truly delicious dish that also...