Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli, or it’s equally delicious without. Serve with a side of yoghurt and toasted flatbread. Adjust baking time in the oven accordingly for runny or hard egg yolks.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 x 400g diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Persian feta, coriander leaves, dukkha, flat bread, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4–5 mins until soft and translucent, then add the garlic, cumin and capsicum and cook until aromatic.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and a 1/3 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5–10 mins until the chickpea mixture thickens.
- Using a spoon, make 4 indents in the mixture and crack an egg into each indent. Transfer the saucepan and bake for 5–10 mins.
- Top with Persian feta, coriander leaves and dukkha.
- Serve immediately with flatbread.
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...
Roast Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagne Recipe
This vegetarian lasagne recipe is the ultimate winter warmer, packed with nourishing veggies and gluten-free goodness the whole family will...
Vegetable Pasties with Spelt & Ghee Crust Recipe
These pasties are a beautiful and nourishing take on a traditional pastry filled with vegetables and herbs. Eat fresh out...