Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free. It’s super easy to make and perfect to pop into lunchboxes as a healthy treat.
Makes: 1 loaf, approx. 10 slices
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled (optional, leave out to make loaf dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease and line bread tin with olive oil and baking paper.
- Add all of above ingredients into large bowl and mix well to combine. Mixture will seem really dry; this is due to coconut flour. Do not add any more liquid to mixture because as pumpkin cooks in oven it will release water and make bread nice and moist.
- Spoon mixture into bread tin and make sure to flatten mixture and push it right into each corner.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Check after 50 mins — you’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to touch in middle and it has nice golden colour.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin and make sure loaf is completely cool before slicing it; otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of crumbs!
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...
Buy-Nothing-New Curry Recipe
This curry is fabulously frugal and the tastiest way I know to make the most of less-than-desirable looking vegie odds...