Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free. It’s super easy to make and perfect to pop into lunchboxes as a healthy treat.
Makes: 1 loaf, approx. 10 slices
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled (optional, leave out to make loaf dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease and line bread tin with olive oil and baking paper.
- Add all of above ingredients into large bowl and mix well to combine. Mixture will seem really dry; this is due to coconut flour. Do not add any more liquid to mixture because as pumpkin cooks in oven it will release water and make bread nice and moist.
- Spoon mixture into bread tin and make sure to flatten mixture and push it right into each corner.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Check after 50 mins — you’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to touch in middle and it has nice golden colour.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin and make sure loaf is completely cool before slicing it; otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of crumbs!
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...