Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free. It’s super easy to make and perfect to pop into lunchboxes as a healthy treat.
Makes: 1 loaf, approx. 10 slices
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled (optional, leave out to make loaf dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease and line bread tin with olive oil and baking paper.
- Add all of above ingredients into large bowl and mix well to combine. Mixture will seem really dry; this is due to coconut flour. Do not add any more liquid to mixture because as pumpkin cooks in oven it will release water and make bread nice and moist.
- Spoon mixture into bread tin and make sure to flatten mixture and push it right into each corner.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Check after 50 mins — you’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to touch in middle and it has nice golden colour.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin and make sure loaf is completely cool before slicing it; otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of crumbs!
There’s something a little magical about mushrooms. Not only are they delicious, they’re also jam-packed with health benefits. Dive into...
Whip up a quick vegetarian curry in no time! Jicama is a fantastic root vegetable to add to a curry...
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...