Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free. It’s super easy to make and perfect to pop into lunchboxes as a healthy treat.
Makes: 1 loaf, approx. 10 slices
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled (optional, leave out to make loaf dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease and line bread tin with olive oil and baking paper.
- Add all of above ingredients into large bowl and mix well to combine. Mixture will seem really dry; this is due to coconut flour. Do not add any more liquid to mixture because as pumpkin cooks in oven it will release water and make bread nice and moist.
- Spoon mixture into bread tin and make sure to flatten mixture and push it right into each corner.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Check after 50 mins — you’ll know it’s ready when it’s firm to touch in middle and it has nice golden colour.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin and make sure loaf is completely cool before slicing it; otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of crumbs!
Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Packed with gluten-free goodness, these banana & oat breakfast muffins have the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...