Pumpkin Soup with Tahini and Pistachios Recipe
Our kids love pumpkin soup! Adding tahini gives the soup a nutty flavour and creamy texture, plus it’s loaded with plant-based calcium.
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped into big cubes (skin on)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1¼L vegan chicken-style stock
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp tahini, to garnish
- 6 tbsp pistachio nuts, shelled & chopped
- 8 sprigs of oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with greaseproof and place in oven for 30 mins until soft.
- While pumpkin is baking, heat saucepan and add onions and dry-sauté (no oil) until golden. Add garlic, stock, clove and bay leaf and bring to boil.
- Add roast pumpkin and simmer for 5 mins. Remove bay leaf and clove from soup. Pour soup into blender with tahini and cumin powder and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into four bowls. Drizzle over tbsp of tahini on each bowl, top with some pistachio nuts and a few oregano leaves.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...