Pumpkin Soup with Tahini and Pistachios Recipe
Our kids love pumpkin soup! Adding tahini gives the soup a nutty flavour and creamy texture, plus it’s loaded with plant-based calcium.
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped into big cubes (skin on)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1¼L vegan chicken-style stock
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp tahini, to garnish
- 6 tbsp pistachio nuts, shelled & chopped
- 8 sprigs of oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with greaseproof and place in oven for 30 mins until soft.
- While pumpkin is baking, heat saucepan and add onions and dry-sauté (no oil) until golden. Add garlic, stock, clove and bay leaf and bring to boil.
- Add roast pumpkin and simmer for 5 mins. Remove bay leaf and clove from soup. Pour soup into blender with tahini and cumin powder and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into four bowls. Drizzle over tbsp of tahini on each bowl, top with some pistachio nuts and a few oregano leaves.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...