Pumpkin Soup with Tahini and Pistachios Recipe
Our kids love pumpkin soup! Adding tahini gives the soup a nutty flavour and creamy texture, plus it’s loaded with plant-based calcium.
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped into big cubes (skin on)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1¼L vegan chicken-style stock
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp tahini, to garnish
- 6 tbsp pistachio nuts, shelled & chopped
- 8 sprigs of oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray lined with greaseproof and place in oven for 30 mins until soft.
- While pumpkin is baking, heat saucepan and add onions and dry-sauté (no oil) until golden. Add garlic, stock, clove and bay leaf and bring to boil.
- Add roast pumpkin and simmer for 5 mins. Remove bay leaf and clove from soup. Pour soup into blender with tahini and cumin powder and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into four bowls. Drizzle over tbsp of tahini on each bowl, top with some pistachio nuts and a few oregano leaves.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...