Quick Salad Jars with Green Tahini Dressing
This recipe is perfect for taking to work; it’s quick to assemble, very portable and tasty! The idea is that you layer the ingredients for your salad into the food jars the reverse of how you would create a salad in a bowl. This way, when you tip the contents of the jar into a bowl, the salad greens are on the bottom and the toppings and dressing are on top. Don’t forget to save the leftover green tahini dressing – it’s equally delicious on top of poached eggs and sourdough toast!
Makes: 1 jar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh chives
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ¼ cup green tahini dressing
- Handful walnuts
- 50g goat’s cheese
- Handful chopped cherry tomatoes
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 handfuls fresh rocket
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend into a smooth paste and pour into a glass jar. Keep it in the fridge for up to one week; the lemon juice helps to preserve the vibrant colour of the herbs.
- For the salad, use a large jar. Start the first layer with the green tahini dressing, then follow with the walnuts, goat’s cheese, cherry tomatoes, parsley, avocado and fresh rocket.
- Place the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Just before serving, remove the lid and tip the contents of the jar onto a plate. Toss together and enjoy your salad.
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
This Bircher bowl is a delicious vegetarian breakfast you can make the night before, packed with flavour, texture and colour...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...