Quick Salad Jars with Green Tahini Dressing
This recipe is perfect for taking to work; it’s quick to assemble, very portable and tasty! The idea is that you layer the ingredients for your salad into the food jars the reverse of how you would create a salad in a bowl. This way, when you tip the contents of the jar into a bowl, the salad greens are on the bottom and the toppings and dressing are on top. Don’t forget to save the leftover green tahini dressing – it’s equally delicious on top of poached eggs and sourdough toast!
Makes: 1 jar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh chives
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ¼ cup green tahini dressing
- Handful walnuts
- 50g goat’s cheese
- Handful chopped cherry tomatoes
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 handfuls fresh rocket
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend into a smooth paste and pour into a glass jar. Keep it in the fridge for up to one week; the lemon juice helps to preserve the vibrant colour of the herbs.
- For the salad, use a large jar. Start the first layer with the green tahini dressing, then follow with the walnuts, goat’s cheese, cherry tomatoes, parsley, avocado and fresh rocket.
- Place the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Just before serving, remove the lid and tip the contents of the jar onto a plate. Toss together and enjoy your salad.
Mango Lassi Recipe
This mango lassi tastes like summer, offering a creamy, refreshing beverage to enjoy at any time. Swap fresh mango for...
Roast Carrot, Chickpea & Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
Packed with spring veggies and texture to boot, this roast carrot, chickpea and goat's cheese salad makes the perfect side...
Yoghurt Focaccia Recipe
This yoghurt focaccia recipe is the perfect gluten-free alternative for pizza bases. Just add your favourite toppings — your imagination...
Sweet Potato Fritters Recipe with Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
This fritters recipe offers a deliciously crispy outer with a soft middle, served with a creamy herby dressing to impress...