Quinoa Vegetable Patties
These patties are completely oil-free and super-healthy. A good non-stick pan is an essential piece of equipment when cooking oil-free.
Makes: 12 patties
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small beetroot, grated
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Mash chickpeas in bowl, then add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except sweet chilli sauce and lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste, then form into 12 patties.
- Heat non-stick pan over high heat and cook patties. Reduce heat to medium and cook until patties are brown on one side. Turn patties and cook until brown on other side.
- Remove from heat and serve with sweet chilli sauce and fresh lemon wedges or use as burger in bun with salad.
We chat with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason from Gingerbread Folk
From humble beginnings, Gingerbread Folk has grown into a thriving enterprise. We sat down with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason...
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution