Smokey Grilled Corn with Manchego, Lime and Chilli Recipe
Corn is a staple in many cultures and it’s certainly one food that lends itself to the grill. Let’s face it, corn is delicious as is or smothered in butter. However, this flavour combination is special: the sweetness of the corn combined with the smoky paprika, salty cheese, zesty lime and spicy chilli is just delicious.
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup finely grated manchego cheese
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Lime, cut in quarters
- Put cobs of corn in large bowl and blanch by pouring over boiling water and letting sit for 5 mins.
- Heat barbecue grill to high. Cook corn until just starting to blacken (but not burn).
- In small bowl, mix almond butter, butter, smoky paprika and sea salt until well combined.
- Once corn is cooked, smear with butter mixture and top with manchego and chilli flakes to taste and serve with wedge of lime. Enjoy immediately.
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot greens are not to be underestimated. They are rich in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin A, calcium...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...
Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a...
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.