Smokey Grilled Corn with Manchego, Lime and Chilli Recipe
Corn is a staple in many cultures and it’s certainly one food that lends itself to the grill. Let’s face it, corn is delicious as is or smothered in butter. However, this flavour combination is special: the sweetness of the corn combined with the smoky paprika, salty cheese, zesty lime and spicy chilli is just delicious.
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup finely grated manchego cheese
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Lime, cut in quarters
- Put cobs of corn in large bowl and blanch by pouring over boiling water and letting sit for 5 mins.
- Heat barbecue grill to high. Cook corn until just starting to blacken (but not burn).
- In small bowl, mix almond butter, butter, smoky paprika and sea salt until well combined.
- Once corn is cooked, smear with butter mixture and top with manchego and chilli flakes to taste and serve with wedge of lime. Enjoy immediately.
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland and the important role it plays in...
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for winter
Discover the delicious creations you can make with Magimix plus three delicious recipes!
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four healthy winter dishes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.