Spiced Red Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
This quick and easy soup offers a fantastic source of protein and fibre, as well as feeding your good gut bugs.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth, plus 8 cups
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 handfuls kale leaves, shredded
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat large pot on high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for few mins.
- Add 1 tbsp stock to deglaze pan. Add spices and stir until aromatic. Add carrot, celery, chopped tomato, red lentils and vegetable stock. Stir well, cover with lid and bring to boil.
- When boiling, remove lid, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins, until lentils are tender. Stir in shredded kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as...