Spiced Red Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
This quick and easy soup offers a fantastic source of protein and fibre, as well as feeding your good gut bugs.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth, plus 8 cups
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 handfuls kale leaves, shredded
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat large pot on high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for few mins.
- Add 1 tbsp stock to deglaze pan. Add spices and stir until aromatic. Add carrot, celery, chopped tomato, red lentils and vegetable stock. Stir well, cover with lid and bring to boil.
- When boiling, remove lid, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins, until lentils are tender. Stir in shredded kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...