Spiced Red Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
This quick and easy soup offers a fantastic source of protein and fibre, as well as feeding your good gut bugs.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth, plus 8 cups
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 handfuls kale leaves, shredded
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat large pot on high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for few mins.
- Add 1 tbsp stock to deglaze pan. Add spices and stir until aromatic. Add carrot, celery, chopped tomato, red lentils and vegetable stock. Stir well, cover with lid and bring to boil.
- When boiling, remove lid, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins, until lentils are tender. Stir in shredded kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Brussels Sprout, Kale and Feta Pie Recipe
Paying homage to the humble Brussels sprout, this pie is a lovely combination of deliciousness and goodness. Packed with fibre,...
Indian Coconut Lentil Curry Recipe
Lentils and other legumes are considered a low-GI food as they are digested slowly and won’t cause a sharp rise...
Spiced Walnut and Date Bliss Balls Recipe
These bliss balls are the perfect sweet treat and the spices add a lovely warm and heated flavour. These would...