Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
Sweet corn is rich in fibre and a delicious means of adding valuable carbohydrate to a meal teamed with protein and healthy fats. In this recipe I’ve made wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach. Add your choice of protein to the meal and it’s wonderfully complete. My go to would be fish or butter beans.
- 4x 2cm-thick cauliflower steaks
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp finely chopped nori, furikake or gomasio
- Corn Puree
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or 30g butter for non-vegan option
- 1 leek, white part sliced
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 3 cobs sweet corn, kernels sliced from cob
- Heat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange cauliflower steaks over the tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and place in oven to cook for 45 mins until golden and crispy.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare the corn puree. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil or butter to pan and melt, then add leek and miso and cook for 7-8 mins or until caramelised.
- Add corn to pan and cook a further 6 mins.
- Blitz the corn mix in a blender until smooth. If needed add a few drops of milk of choice to loosen.
- Once cauliflower is cooked remove from oven.
- Sauté the spinach in a pan with a drop of water and set aside, then warm the puree in the pan ready to serve.
- Spread the puree around two bowls, top with baked cauliflower, sautéed spinach, and sprinkle with nori, furikake or gomasio and serve.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are delicious as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some...
Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
This wholesome low GI hummus recipe is loaded with dietary fibre and protein, and makes for a delicious dip, spread...