Vegan Bento Bowl Recipe
A Bento box is a Japanese-style packed lunch, usually in a special box with separate parts or containers inside. Like a Bento box, this dish is displayed beautifully and will make you feel a sense of Zen as you enjoy an organised meal full of nourishing gluten-free ingredients.
- ⅔ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp plum vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds, to garnish
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cucumber, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 carrots, cut into long thin strips
- 2 cups wombok, shredded
- 1 Nashi pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame, cooked
2 cups cooked brown-rice noodles
4 tbsp nori strips
2 lime, cut into quarters
4 tbsp pink ginger
1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint
- Place all dressing ingredients into a bowl except the black sesame seeds and stir to combine. Place into 4 small bowls (that can fit inside larger bowls) and top with black sesame seeds.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat, add the mushrooms and sauté until brown on both sides. Add and a tbsp of water and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place the dressing bowls in the centre of four larger bowls and arrange all the other ingredients around the bowl.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...