Vegan Pad Thai Recipe
Pad Thai is traditionally made with eggs, fish sauce and dried shrimps, but I’ve swapped these out to create an awesome, quick-to-cook vegan version that is full of traditional flavour and texture.
- ½ onion, sliced into thin crescents
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp dark miso
- 1 tbsp tamarind purée
- ½ cup water
- 375g packet pad thai rice noodles, cooked
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the carrot, tomato, miso, tamarind and water and stir. Then add the cooked noodles and combine well.
- Add the coconut sugar, soy sauce, peanuts, spring onions, bean sprouts and the lime juice and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the coriander leaves.
- Top with sliced chilli and serve.
Veggie Rice Balls Recipe
These rice balls make a tasty lunch on-the-go or can be added to a wrap or served with a salad...
Veggie Soup in a Jar with Flavour Hits Recipe
Looking for an easy on-the-go lunch? This veggie soup in a jar has got you covered, with 3 delicious and...
5-Veg Vegan Ramen Recipe
This vegan ramen is packed with an abundance of different vegetables for a highly colourful and super nutritious dish the...