Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourite recipes for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine or a pot. My tip is to add dried apricots for a touch of sweetness and some chilli flakes for extra heat. It can be eaten as a main or side dish for Sunday roast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 12 dried apricots
- 250mL vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to serve
- Small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until tender, then add garlic, spices and chilli and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add harissa paste, chickpeas, dried apricots and vegetable broth. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Season as required and top with parsley.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...