Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourite recipes for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine or a pot. My tip is to add dried apricots for a touch of sweetness and some chilli flakes for extra heat. It can be eaten as a main or side dish for Sunday roast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 12 dried apricots
- 250mL vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to serve
- Small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until tender, then add garlic, spices and chilli and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add harissa paste, chickpeas, dried apricots and vegetable broth. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Season as required and top with parsley.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...