Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourite recipes for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine or a pot. My tip is to add dried apricots for a touch of sweetness and some chilli flakes for extra heat. It can be eaten as a main or side dish for Sunday roast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 12 dried apricots
- 250mL vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to serve
- Small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until tender, then add garlic, spices and chilli and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add harissa paste, chickpeas, dried apricots and vegetable broth. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Season as required and top with parsley.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...