Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourite recipes for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine or a pot. My tip is to add dried apricots for a touch of sweetness and some chilli flakes for extra heat. It can be eaten as a main or side dish for Sunday roast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 12 dried apricots
- 250mL vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to serve
- Small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until tender, then add garlic, spices and chilli and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add harissa paste, chickpeas, dried apricots and vegetable broth. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Season as required and top with parsley.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...