Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourite recipes for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine or a pot. My tip is to add dried apricots for a touch of sweetness and some chilli flakes for extra heat. It can be eaten as a main or side dish for Sunday roast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded & sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 12 dried apricots
- 250mL vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to serve
- Small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until tender, then add garlic, spices and chilli and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add harissa paste, chickpeas, dried apricots and vegetable broth. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Season as required and top with parsley.
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Creamy Pea, Asparagus & Broccolini Pasta with Mint Pesto
Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, pine...
Vegan Székely Gulyás (Mushroom & Sauerkraut Goulash)
The name székely gulyás means “gypsy goulash” in Hungarian. Technically, this is a soupy pork dish with sauerkraut and sour...