Wholesome Brunch Rice Bowl Recipe
Brunch is a great time for utilising leftover food in the fridge and creating beautiful, nutritious meals at a slower pace. I’ve incorporated leftover brown rice to this bowl with simple vegetables and a little kick of caramelised onion and thyme to make the most wholesome of brunch bowls.
DF, GF, V
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp caramelised onion
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- Sea salt & black pepper, to serve
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add egg and cook according to a preference of soft- or hard-boiled.
- While egg is cooking, heat olive oil in a frying pan and add rice, peas, cherry tomatoes and baby spinach, season and cook, tossing for 3–4 mins until warmed through.
- Add the caramelised onion and thyme leaves and toss.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with boiled eggs, sprinkle with chilli flakes, add a wedge of lemon to squeeze over and enjoy.
Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This Persian baked eggs dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli,...
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...
Roast Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagne Recipe
This vegetarian lasagne recipe is the ultimate winter warmer, packed with nourishing veggies and gluten-free goodness the whole family will...
Vegetable Pasties with Spelt & Ghee Crust Recipe
These pasties are a beautiful and nourishing take on a traditional pastry filled with vegetables and herbs. Eat fresh out...