The Perfect Breakfast Board Recipe
Protein-rich eggs and quinoa with added green veggies are the perfect energy booster for the hustle and bustle of a hectic week. Give sugary, boxed breakfast cereals a miss and opt for something incredibly dense in nutrients to keep you powered up, like this gluten-free breakfast board – delicious!
DF, GF, V
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed & cut into wedges
- Juice ½ lemon
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Serve with pesto, dairy-free if required (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a wide saucepan, add quinoa and simmer covered for about 12 mins, or until quinoa is cooked.
- Steam kale over a saucepan of gently simmering water for 10 mins or until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil into a frying pan over medium heat and fry the eggs until done to your liking.
- To serve, place quinoa, kale, avocado and fried eggs on a board. Finish with a squeeze of lemon for extra zing.
- Season to taste.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...