Persian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
These stuffed eggplants are beautifully balanced with savoury and sweet flavours. The addition of pomegranate molasses is a subtle natural sweetener to the dish and the pomegranate seeds provide a lovely burst of freshness on the palate. Substitute lamb with lentils to make a vegetarian version.
- 3 eggplants, cut in half lengthways
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 450g lean lamb mince
- ½ tsp cumin
- Black pepper, to season
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- 50g feta
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Seeds 1 pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthways, then using a sharp knife, cut diamonds in a lattice pattern on the top of each eggplant half and drizzle with half (2 tbsp) of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 45–50 minutes until tender.
- While the eggplants are cooking, prepare the lamb mince. Heat the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat then add the onion and garlic and cook until soft then add the cumin and cook for another minute. Add the lamb mince and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Season to taste.
- Stir in the pomegranate molasses and cook for 2-3 mins until the liquid is reduced.
- To serve, place the eggplants on a serving dish and top with the lamb mixture followed by the feta, parsley and pomegranate seeds.
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
Flourless Orange & Passionfruit Cakes with Cashew Frosting Recipe
Topped with cashew frosting, these decadent orange and passionfruit gluten-free cakes will go down a treat for snacks, afternoon tea...
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...