Over the Rainbow Salad with Tahini and Lemon Dressing
Combine any raw vegies in this kaleidoscopic feast for a completely balanced meal. It’s easy to throw together and deliciously healthy. The tahini and lemon dressing tastes so much better than any pre-packaged dressing you would buy in the Grocery store, and it takes a nanosecond to prepare.
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small beetroot, thinly sliced or spiralised
- ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 red capsicum, seeds & membrane removed, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeds & membrane removed, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or spiralised
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed & sliced into wedges
- Sprinkle pepitas
- Handful bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- Tahini & lemon dressing
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Place all salad ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a bowl and carefully mix together.
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl with 60mL of filtered water and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add more filtered water, if required.
- Dress salad, sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Quick kitchen: Nourishing mocha and banana smoothie bowl
Don't put your high-speed blender and reusable straws away yet. It’s still the perfect time to enjoy the humble smoothie...
Masoor Vegan Dal
Made with red lentils and fragrant spices, this traditional vegan dal is power-packed with dietary fibre and protein and it...
Tarkari Vegan Curry Recipe
This vegan curry is a traditional Nepali dish, commonly served alongside dal bhat, a lentil and rice dish that is...
Mango Lassi Recipe
This mango lassi recipe is best used with ripe mangoes for a naturally sweet flavour – it's great with and...