Olives are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, namely oleic acid, together with vitamin E and antioxidants that have an anti-inflammatory action to help support cardiovascular health.
- 2 cups pitted green & black kalamata olives
- ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- Juice 1 lemon
- Small handful basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except the olive oil, into your food processor. Pulse a couple of times until combined and then drizzle in the olive oil and process until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread or cheese and crackers. Leftovers work well on homemade pizzas and toasties.