Serve this scrumptious pesto as a dip with crackers or crudités, add it to salads or sandwiches, toss it with pasta or use it as a marinade!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the walnuts evenly on the baking tray and roast them for 8-10 mins until fragrant and lightly golden.
- In a food processor or blender, add the toasted walnuts, basil leaves, garlic cloves and parmesan. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- While the food processor is on, slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze in juice of ½ a lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the walnut pesto to a jar or airtight container.